Monday, November 11, 2013

The Book of Lost Things By John Connolly

Cover:
10291890

The Blurb:
  
David doesn't know much about life beyond the walls of his room, except what he reads in his books. Mourning the death of his mother and angry at his father for moving on so quickly, David is pulled into a world next to our own and discovers all the stories he's read have come to life. However, these stories are different. Angrier. Darker.

As David makes his way through the world to find the king and the mysterious Book of Lost Things that will help him get home, he encounters adventures he never imagined. But a danger is lurking in the shadows, threatening to destroy David and his entire future.


My Review:

I liked this book the more it went on.  I thoroughly enjoy the fairy tales that basically went wrong in this book:  Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Beauty and the Beast.  This book is completely action packed and had a LOT going on, but it was smoothly put into place.  The stories within the story all made sense and the Plot coincided.  It was just great.  I thought this was pretty gory for a YA book, but then again, it is the age.   

During this story, I hoped David would conquer the bad, evil people.  I felt he was pretty weak throughout the book and his confidence grew with each person he met along the way.   

David was a wretched, and mean, boy.  I understand the love he felt for his mother, but he didn't need to treat his step mother the way he did.  Even though he was a confused teenager.  I really think this book is great.  It kinda reminded me of the TV Series Once Upon a Time.  I really like twists on fairy tales.  

I definitely recommend this book.  It is pretty graphic, so I would probably keep the age to 16 and above if anyone is thinking of a book for Christmas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment