Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sparkling Goodness

I wish I would have known about Sparkling Water, or Seltzer Water, when I was pregnant.  I know that you shouldn't drink as much Coca Cola as you would normally (and you really shouldn't when you're not pregnant too), but I love how this Sparkling Water, or even Seltzer Water, replaces the amazing Soda taste.  The Polar brand even raves about it being Zero Calories, NO sodium, and Caffeine Free.  Of course these drinks are not to replace regular drinking water, but I totally love it for that need of SODA, or POP, taste.  So fizzy and splendid on a hot day.

I don't think people realize the HUGE amount of sodium they inhale when they drink regular soda.  It's not just in soda though...it's even in soup!  One of the "healthiest" meals could cause a heart attack due to the amount of sodium in soup.  So what are we to do when we want it?  I guess one could do so in moderation.  Don't inhale the can of soup, instead take a cup of it, or half a cup and have a side salad or sandwich with it.  I am stunned, though, when I found out about the sodium in soup.  I rarely have it anymore, unless I don't feel good.  Haha, that's funny.  I am not feeling well, so I will douse my body with extra sodium.  

It was a nice, hot summer day, when I was introduced to my first taste of Sparkling Water.  Thank you, Kim.  She had a big Metal Bucket filled with ice and bottled water, Pellegrino, and Corona's with Lime.  (SUCH AN AMAZING SUMMER COMBO!)  Ever since, I've been in love.  NOW I won't order it at a restaurant, or grab myself a huge 12 pack every week.  Do you realize how expensive it is?  For a 12 pack, it is usually $5.99.  YIKES!!!!  Instead of the 12 packs, I grab a quart or two.  You can get that for like a dollar.  Seagrams makes it, and so does Polar.  I got super excited today, though because I was able to get TWO 12 packs, for the price of one...YUP!  So, I'm in my sparkling soda heaven.  Cranberry Lime and Pomegranate.  I bet that Whipped Vodka may taste really yummy with it!  What do you think about that?

Which heaven are you in today?  I'm hoping someone isn't reading this and is going to burst my bubble and say "Nuh, Uh, Ash...I'm sorry to say that it's not good for you!"  And I'm going to return with "well it's better than soda".  I'm not even sure that will happen, but I figured I needed a rave today, and why not give the heavenly drink a rave!  I hope you agree!  Go get some!  If you haven't tried it, what I are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment