Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Obsessed

Now is the time of year, especially since we've moved back to NY and it's like already 40 degrees here, I obsess with FALL.

Leaves are starting to turn colors, and getting ready to fall from their branches.  There's an apple festival ready to happen a weekend away, where I want to buy more than a bushel of apples and make everything from Applesauce to Apple cake :-)  And Pumpkin is calling my name.

Yes, my friends, I am COMPLETELY obsessed with Pumpkin.  Actually, this is the time where my husband rolls his eyes and groans because I try to find anything I can do to make with Pumpking...(Ooops, I mean Pumpkin...Pumpking is that amazing beer from Southern Tier!!!  MMMMM).

I am sure you are probably like "What else can you do with pumpkin besides make pie and pumpkin lattes?"

Well, do I have a surprise for you!  You really have to thank the FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE that I get monthly because they actually sent me a little book that has 50 ways to cook with canned pumpkin!!!!  Hahahahaha.

So, now I'm looking forward to pumpkin alfredo....and pumpkin in my applesauce....and scones, and pancakes....and....oh goodness.  There was even a recipe in there for the canned pumpkin to go in chili!!!  Who would have thought?!  I bet that's MIGHTY TASTY, as a good friend would say.

I wish I had this recipe on hand to share with you, but unfortunately it's in storage!  BUT One of my greatest friends of all time, who moved her punk ass to Vegas, lent me a double layer pumpkin pie...Oh My Goodness...talk about deeeelisssssh.  The bottom part, on top of graham cracker crust, contains the cream cheese mix, then the second layer contains vanilla pudding and the can of pumpkin...I have even tried the pumpkin pudding with this...and then cool whip goes on top. 

The pumpkin festival is coming up too!   Let me also say that I am VERY thankful for Libby and them canning this stuff for us, spiced or unspiced, to buy because it is a pain in the @**.Anyone have anything yummy to share with pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment