Friday, September 20, 2013

What Happened!?!?



Have you ever followed directions to anything, like a "HOW-TO" or Recipes ?

I always do.  I need directions to do things, and if it doesn't turn out like I want it to...I reject it.

I actually had found a recipe from Martha Stewart on Champagne Truffles!  I was so stinkin' excited, that I went straight to work.  I followed the recipe exactly as is...and the truffles looks like a melted blog that was turning from circle shape to OVAL, to...well...I think you have the idea.  I was soooo bummed.  I was wondering why they didn't turn out, and then I read the comments and no one's did.  What did Martha's Blogging person forget to add that was necessary?

I found that recipe on PINTEREST...well, then I found another neat one.  Where you take plywood and cut it into little squares.  Sand the wood, You need like 8 stickers, two of each, and put those onto each piece of wood and spray with a spray that's supposed to seal in the picture....I KNOW I followed the directions exactly as is.  I was giving it to a 3 year old for his birthday and was pretty pissed that the blocks were tacky and stuck to each other.  How can a three year old play MEMORY with squares that stick to each other?  (I'm sorry Thomas!!!)  Did I forget to mention where I got that recipe???????????  YUP...Martha Stinkin' Stewart!  WHAT THE HELL!  I have officially sworn off her how-to's!

As I have said before, I am a huge Julep fan. Well, they posted this pretty picture.    
I was seriously in love.  I'm going to buy that box and I'm going to do my nails just like that!  They were even nice enough to give a How-to!!!! http://blog.julep.com/galaxy-nails-101/ So I followed the directions, exactly as is...and it didn't turn out!

This is how it looked...  


YUP...I'm not impressed either!!!

Soooo, I tried it again. This time Taking their glittery black color as the base.  Then sponged two colors, added the white dots, mixed the black glittery with clear to lessen the black color and sponged that on, then added a clear coat.  And this is the ending result...


Yeah, I am VERY pleased with this result.  Maybe the reason why the before didn't work out was because my colors weren't bright enough?  Idk...but I LOVE IT!  Super excited to share with you my galaxy nails.  I didn't ditch the website or give up.  I found another way around it...and it actually turned out!  WOOHOO!  You guys should totally do this and add your pics in the comments!!! 

Have an awesome weekend, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment